PSI AMP is a leading provider of licensing and certification examinations for professional organizations. We operate an advanced testing network spanning over 150 testing centers worldwide.
We are seeking a talented SQL Server DBA to join our Kansas City Technology group. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits in a technologically stimulating environment.
• Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
• Install, configure and maintain database servers and processes, including security management, proactive monitoring of database growth, system health and performance to ensure high levels of uptime and security.
• Troubleshoot and resolve day to day database related issues.
• Inspect SQL Server logs and setup monitoring alerts to be notified of critical issues real time and take appropriate action to remediate.
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and other database operational support.
• Perform scheduled maintenance, apply patches and support release deployment activities after-hours, weekends or as needed.
• Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
• Document database server environment, procedures and processes.
• BS degree in Computer Science or closely related field.
• 5+ years production MS SQL Server Administration (2008, 2012 and above) experience required including installation, configuration, patching and upgrades.
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
• Experience working with Windows server clustering
• Experience working with Server Broker.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models to meet RTO
• Experience with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Windows Server and SQL Server is required
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization using monitoring tools.
• Experience working with other data-oriented solutions, including NoSQL, data fabric and caching, Azure Storage, and message queues is a plus.
• Ability to troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention
• Experience with table partitioning and filegroups.
• Knowledge of SQL Server tools (Profiler, SSMS, SSIS, and Reporting Services).
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
• Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and communicate project status accurately.
• Team player with a “can-do” attitude and attention to detail.
• MCTS/MTA, MCSA, MCSE and/or MVP certifications a plus.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to:
18000 West 105th Street
Olathe, KS 66061
Attn: Amanda Pemberton-Johnson
Equal Opportunity Employer