AMP is a leading provider of certification and licensure examination services for certification organizations, government agencies, professional associations, and private industries. The Program Manager/Program Director provides psychometric guidance for a variety of clients in the following activities: job analysis, test specification development, item writing, examination development and scoring, passing point studies, special projects and data analysis. Responsibilities also include general project management support, and continuous communication with clients and staff. All activities and responsibilities are performed in consultation with the Senior Vice President of Psychometrics, or an experienced Program Director.
I. Job Duties and Responsibilities
A. Conducts job analysis research
• Prepares for and conducts first job analysis meeting (including conducting phone interviews, reviewing background materials, conducting literature searches, etc.)
• Facilitates pilot testing of surveys
• Completes and/or ensures the integrity of data analyses
• Prepares for and conducts second job analysis meeting to finalize examination specifications
• Prepares and/or reviews job analysis report, and completes other final job analysis activities
B. Conducts Item Writing Workshops
C. Provides oversight for examination development activities
• Reviews draft and final examinations
• Facilitates Examination Committee meetings
D. Facilitates passing score studies
• Trains subject matter experts
• Compiles results, establishes cut score in consultation with clients
• Prepares and/or reviews passing point study reports
E. Reviews test scoring data
• Reviews item analysis and examination summary data
• Reviews final scoring and equating data
• Prepares and/or reviews Test Analysis Reports (TAR)
• Communicates with clients regarding test scoring activities
F. Conducts project management activities
• Serves as primary client contact for program activities
• Prepares and/or reviews time lines
• Communicates effectively internally and externally
• Assists in preparation/updating of procedures
G. Performs special projects or data analysis
H. Anticipates problems and prepares solutions
I. General job duties
• Assists other R&D staff with various projects as needed
• Responds positively to feedback
• Notifies supervisor of mistakes
• Adapts to job changes
• Develops short and long-range plans
• Sets high standards
• Takes initiative to stay current in field
II. Other Performance Criteria
A. Maintains positive working relationships
B. Displays appropriate professional appearance, conduct, and ethics
C. Observes work attendance/punctuality and other applicable policies
D. Participates in continuing education
E. Displays dependability and judgment
• Doctorate in Educational Psychology, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or related field. An exceptional individual who has many years of directly related experience and who holds a Master’s degree in one of these fields will be considered for the PM position. The PD position requires a Doctorate, plus several years experience in performing the activities and responsibilities of the position.
• Strong quantitative skills required, including experience with the SPSS statistical package. Knowledge of statistics and testing/measurement issues (i.e., both classical test theory and item response theory) is required.
• Ability to understand and use other measurement related software packages (e.g., LXR*TEST, Bilog, Winsteps) is required; prior use is desirable.
• Familiarity with the use of office management software (e.g., such as Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
• Good oral and written communication skills; communicates effectively and competently with clients and committees in person, by phone, and by letter with tact and judgment.
• Ability to meet multiple demands and deadlines with poise and composure. Able to manage time, setting priorities effectively based on program needs.
• Ability to coordinate, plan, and monitor of all phases of certification, licensure, and other examination programs.
• Flexible in using diverse approaches to meet various project requirements.
• Ability to plan and organize work, direct own activities, and control processes and work flow.
• Ability to work well and communicate with others within the organization, including the clear and accurate conveying of information relating to client needs.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to:
18000 West 105th Street
Olathe, KS 66061
Attn: Amanda Pemberton-Johnson
Equal Opportunity Employer